Latest Carzone Motoring Report Released - June 2017
We are proud to present the latest edition of the Carzone motoring report, an established authority on buyer preferences and trends in the Irish motoring industry. As with previous iterations of the report, we sent a survey out to Irish motorists, asking them about a range of motoring topics, from their fuel preferences to their thoughts on in-car technology and how they go about buying and selling cars, where they like buying them and how - and how much they are paying for them.
- 1 in 2 people change their car every five years and 47% tend to stick to the same brand
- Rising insurance premiums are a key concern for Irish motorists
- 69% say car technology plays an important role in their purchasing decision
- Two thirds (65%) believe that in-car technology has made them a better driver
- 70% say technology makes driving more enjoyable
- 85% of Irish car retailers are investing in technology in their dealerships
- VW Golf remains the most searched for car on Carzone
Commenting on the latest report, Eoin Lally, Operations Director Carzone said:
“The aim of the Carzone Motoring Report is to examine trends happening in the Irish motoring industry. This is the eighth edition of the report and this time around we delved into a number of new topics such as technology in line with the changing face of the industry.
Rising insurance premiums remain a key concern for drivers with 88% seeing the cost of their policy increase in the last year. However, the overall outlook for the industry is positive with consumers now changing their car more frequently and premium car marques are some of the most sought after vehicles by drivers.
The subject of technology was one which revealed some interesting insights with in-car technology now an expectation rather than an added-bonus; especially among younger age groups. Dealerships across the country are also continuing to invest in this area to enhance their offering and connect with this new tech savvy audience.”