The All-New Volkswagen Touareg
Volkswagen Group are due to unveil the all-new Touareg at their world premiere which will take place in the brands largest market of China. Volkswagen’s largest vehicle in their range the new Touareg sits itself at the top of the premium class SUV segment with its expensive design and high-quality materials and craftmanship.
The new Touareg leads the way as the most technically advanced Volkswagen ever with huge advances in connectivity, lighting and infotainment systems. New technologies include:
- Night Vision assistance system (detects people and animals in darkness via a thermal imaging camera)
- Roadwork Lane Assist (semi-automated steering and lane keeping, accelerating and braking up to 60 km/h)
- Front Cross Traffic Assist (reacts to cross traffic in front of the Touareg)
- Active all-wheel steering (makes the Touareg handle like a compact car)
- New roll stabilisation with electromechanically controlled anti-roll bars
- 'IQ.Light – LED matrix headlights' (interactive, camera-based dipped and main beam headlight control)
- 'Windshield Head-up Display' projected directly onto the windscreen
Compared to its predecessor the new Touareg is much lighter and moderately wider and longer. The new dimensions have positive effects on both the vehicle's proportions and its amount of interior space. The added exterior length leads, for example, to a significant increase in luggage capacity, from 697 to 810 litres (with rear bench seat up).
In Ireland, Volkswagen will offer the new Touareg with two V6 diesel engines when the model is brought to market in 2018 with outputs of 170 kW / 231 PS and 210 kW / 286 PS
The 2018 Touareg is an important milestone in history of the Volkswagen brand. As the manufacturer looks to further extend its SUV range which currently consists of the new T-Roc, the Tiguan, the new Tiguan Allspace and the new redesigned Touareg, we will also be looking out for the upcoming T-Cross compact SUV and the first all-electric SUV from the Volkswagen the I.D Crozz which is due to arrive in 2020.
The new Volkswagen Touareg will be available at Volkswagen retailers nationwide from June 2018. To view Volkswagen retailers in Ireland Click Here.