Kia to Drive New Nationwide Running Race Series
The Kia Race Series is kicking off on March 17th with The Streets of Portlaoise 5K.
The Kia Race Series will bring together seven well established regional races around Ireland under one umbrella with an added closed road running event in Mondello Park.
The Kia Race Series is encouraging Ireland’s best male and female distance athletes to compete against each other, with a brand new Kia Stonic up for grabs for both the overall male and female winner of the series. In order to enter the competition, the athletes must take part in five of the eight races including the finale. In addition to the Kia Stonic on offer, there’s an added incentive of €7,000 bonus fund available for course records.
The KIA Race Series lineup is as follows:
- Streets of Portlaoise 5k - 17th March 11am
- Run with Catherina (Co. Cavan) 10k - Saturday, April 28th 7pm (Provisionally)
- Tallaght AC 5k - Sunday May 6th 12pm
- Bob Heffernan 5k (Enfield, Co. Meath) - Tuesday 22nd May, 8pm
- Braveheart 5k (Trim, Co. Meath) - Friday, June 15th, 8pm
- Dunshaughlin 10k Road Race - Saturday, June 23rd, 7:30pm
- Roscommon 10 Mile - 7th July 2018, 11:30am
- Mondello International 10k - September 9th, 11am
Pictured above Catherina McKiernan alongside the Rose of Tralee Jennifer Byrne as they set the pace ahead of the inaugural Kia Race Series.