We are looking for a part time Credit Controller to join us. You will be part of a Carzone Finance Team based in Dublin but will also work closely with our Credit Control team based in Manchester.
You will balance excellent customer service with finding suitable ways for our retail customers to clear their overdue accounts. It will be your role to protect our revenue by reducing the number of legal proceeding through effective negotiation and cash collection.
There isn't a typical day in the credit control team as priorities constantly change and every conversation is different, you will therefore need to be flexible and happy moving from one task to another.
Further responsibilities include:
- Settlement management and overviewing the process of these settlements, agreeing repayments and assuring their correct allocation, etc.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to ensure all customer issues / disputes are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Preparing accounts for legal action where necessary.
- Preparation of daily Cheque Lodgements.
- Assisting the Management Accountant in monthly preparation of the Aged Debt provision and addressing relevant findings.
So, what do we think makes a great Credit Controller?
- It is essential you have experience working in a collections role in a business to business (B2B) environment.
- You will be a great objection handler and will be experienced in having challenging conversations.
- You will have experience answering complex queries relating to customer accounts, payment disputes, invoicing and aged debt
- You will be a great relationship builder and will be passionate about delivering a great customer experience
- You will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. This will enable you to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- You will love solving problems and will not be afraid to question the status quo.
- Although not essential it would be great if you have previous experience in the automotive industry
- You will have ideally worked with a solicitor/s in previous roles and will have a knowledge of the legal process surrounding debt.
In return, we'll offer you the opportunity to be involved in challenging projects in a collaborative environment. You will be supported from the Finance Tribe and will be empowered to make positive change and supported to join us on a journey of continuous improvement.
Salary, Benefits & Hours:
We offer a competitive salary. On top of that, you will receive a great flexible benefits package that includes - 25 days holiday (FTE) + bank holidays, private healthcare, dental cover, a great pension and lots of extras that you can personalise to suit your lifestyle all in a great, vibrant office in the heart of Sandyford.
This is a part time role covering 20 hours per week. We would require you to work 4 hours between the hours of 8.30am - 1.30pm, Monday to Friday.