Site Safety & Security
It is important to be vigilant when buying or selling a vehicle online. There are a few indicators to look out for:
- Is the price of the vehicle much lower than other vehicles of similar years/models? If so, why?
- Can you speak with the seller – If not - why not?
- Is the content of emails received from buyers/sellers suspicious? Be aware of emails which contain incorrect spelling, punctuation and requests for your personal information – it could be a scam.
- If buying: Don’t hand over any money before you’ve seen the car – cash is often the best form of payment. Avoid giving personal information out over email – Carzone will NEVER ask for your personal details via email.
- If buying: Check the seller has a landline number and only arrange to view the vehicle at their home address.
- If selling: Never let a buyer test drive your car alone. Take the keys out of the ignition and keep hold of them when swapping seats.
- If selling: Avoid letting the car go before receiving full payment into your bank account and make sure it’s available to use – check with your bank first. Try and receive payment inside a bank for a safe sale.
- If you have any queries about a buyer/seller that you think maybe suspicious please contact us by clicking on ‘Report this advert’ at the end of any advert you are viewing.
- NEVER click on a link that has been emailed to you if you do not know / trust the source eg. a link that is sent to you in an email from a seller or buyer
Please see here for information on the most recent scams that have been brought to our attention ...
Please see here for key indicators of fraudulent sellers. This may assist you when buying a vehicle ...
Please see here for key indicators of fraudulent buyers. This may assist you when selling a vehicle ...
Please see here for key indicators of fraudulent sellers who claim that their vehicle needs to be paid for and then shipped. This may assist you when buying a vehicle ...